forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Juan Jose Pablos <che...@che-che.com>
Subject Re: BROKEN: UTFDataFormatException: String cannot be longer than 32k.
Date Wed, 01 Oct 2003 15:37:35 GMT
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
> Processing such big files just to make them fit in the page IMHO does
> not make much sense and is a waste of resources.

That sound when bill gates said that 640 Kb was enough for today
computing. :-)

> My humble advise? Link directly to the raw page.

But that is to easy. Adam wants to lose some hours's sleep only to get
that working in something cool ;-)

> In any case, if you still would like to have the "inclusion" behaviour,
> I would suggest you to make it configurable (I prefer not to generate
> pages just to decorate commandline output).

If that output has meaning then created a xml like we do with wiki is
very good idea because then you can process that file to only display
some elements.

Cheers,
Cheche