forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Juan Jose Pablos <>
Subject Re: BROKEN: UTFDataFormatException: String cannot be longer than 32k.
Date Wed, 01 Oct 2003 15:27:11 GMT

I have not been able to see the site (gives me timeout), so I am not
sure 100% what are you trying to achive... But Are you trying to get
GUMP output on a file  and then be transformed by forrest?

If so, what you can do is:

Use chaperon to format that text and split on targets so they will look
nicer on the final document.

Check src/resources/grammars for examples.

Adam R. B. Jack wrote:
>>I have had this problem with large .txt files being transformed.  IIRC,
> the
>>error actually comes from the XML parser, not forrest or even cocoon.  I
> did
>>some googling a while back and found a patch (I didn't test it) but it
> looked
>>like an ugly hack that just broke the string up into parts and put it back
>>together again.
>>It looks like Jeff has filed this already as a cocoon bug. See
> Thanks for that explanation/information, that makes sense. Any advice on if
> I should "wait patiently" on Jeff's bug entry, or if I should look at a hack
> workaround/fix? [I have no idea if this is something simple to fix at a low
> level, or high priority, or ... ]
> I could chunk data into < 32K pieces, but I'm not sure how I'd fake the
> parser into creating multiple text nodes. [I guess I could be 'ugly' just
> split the file into multiple <source> entries.]
> Thanks again.
> regards
> Adam

View raw message