forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Antonio Gallardo" <agalla...@agsoftware.dnsalias.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: docbook/4.1.2/
Date Fri, 03 Oct 2003 03:54:51 GMT
David Crossley dijo:
> Juan Jose Pablos wrote:
>> Antonio Gallardo wrote:
> <snip/>
>> > Another question. Please provide the LICENSE.docbook
>>
>> ?¿ well, I need help on this, I have not idea of what LICENCE file
>> should provide, I only found a note here:
>> http://docbook.org/specs/cs-docbook-docbook-4.2.html
>>
>> Help!!
>>
>> Cheche
>
> Well spotted Antonio. Yes we committers need to be sure about
> licence issues. I see that the 4.2 and 4.1.2 DTDs have a license
> statement in the top of each file. Well IANAL, but that seems
> sufficient to me. It seems that we are complying with its terms.
> If you want clarification then you could ask pmc<AT>xml.apache.

Thanks David. I think legal issues are very important, because we dont
want to get rid of some legal affairs against forrest (please see SCO vs.
IBM). We (as committers) have a big responsability in that. I am sure
everyone here loves Forrest and don't want that any almost eliminated
corporation will come here to try to destroy us with them.

Cheche:

I am almost sure that Docbook license will be OK, but please provide the
LICENSE file. And be aware of that the next time. ;-D

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo.