forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>
Subject Linking to XML (Re: http://apache.org/forrest/dtd/document-v12.dtd)
Date Wed, 29 Oct 2003 10:10:10 GMT
On Mon, Oct 27, 2003 at 07:09:10PM +1100, David Crossley wrote:
> This Forrest ability to provide a link to the xml source is something
> that recently appeared in Forrest. I am am still not sure if it is a
> good thing. I wonder what its purpose is. What do people expect to do
> with the raw xml?

Not sure.  Nicola? :)

> Also we used to just have a basic System Identifier that was just
> the DTD filename. e.g. "document-v12.dtd". Why did we change it to
> be a full URL?

Because it made people think that there *ought* to be a DTD at
../document-v12.dtd, and that either their XML or their DTDs were wrongly
placed.  The POI people even copied the DTDs there, under this
assumption.

.. and the REAL reason was :) that I want to edit XML in IDEA, which has
excellent XML support (auto-complete, etc).  IDEA maps system ids to
physical locations, so I needed a well-defined system id.

--Jeff