forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Robert Koberg" <...@koberg.com>
Subject RE: [RT] Is speed slow because we use the document() function for skinconf?
Date Fri, 24 Oct 2003 13:19:40 GMT
> Conceptually it's the same here, only that we include the templates in
> less files and include all of them. Do you think that making it more
> granular could speed processing? (less templates to check-override)

It would probably be slower on the initial build of the Templates object but
after that there would be no difference.

> But IMHO it's not here that we loose points...

Right, it is just for allowing as much as possible to remain or be used in
the default, but allow instance sites to alter what is needed. More a
maintenance issue than a performance one.

Best,
-Rob