forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Tetsuya Kitahata <>
Subject Re: Forrest skin for Jakarta-XX project
Date Thu, 23 Oct 2003 01:37:33 GMT

Before that, could you please answer my (innocent) question?

Why was there no "PDF-Rendering" function in the default

I thought that Avalon-Team did not want the
PDF files because PDF could have been big
enough to be downloaded.

Sure, I know that it would be related to
skinconfig/disable-pdf-link @ skinconf.xml, though :)

Rather, I thought that "jakarta-skin"/"ws-skin" naming
would make sense (Just a copy and reuse of avalon-tigris,
it would be), if it would be integrated into the default
Forrest "skins" dir.

context -
   skins - |--avalon-tigris

... Make sense?

-- Tetsuya. (

P.S. Tapestry Version:

On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 19:32:53 +0200
(Subject: Re: Forrest skin for Jakarta-XX project)
Nicola Ken Barozzi <> wrote:

> Tetsuya Kitahata wrote:
> > Maybe you might have already known, ws-site/ws-axis/ws-soap [1][2][3]
> > are now using the similar skin. (I put the skin into respective
> > modules directly)
> > Sure, I re-used the avalon-tigris, however, the Forrest 0.5.1
> > avalon-tigris did not suffice our gratifications.
> >
> > I am sure that I can post patches to forrest-dev, however,
> > I am afraid it would affect seriously to avalon-site in the
> > future.
> If the skin is just a better version of the same skin it would be ok to
> patch it. If the skin will depart a lot from that, then the Avaloners
> would need to decide to cooperate in it.
> In any case, the krysalis-site skin has many more features, and I'm
> getting it ready to be able to switch forrest-site to use that one, with
> of course the traditional Forrest colors. So you can look in that skin
> to eventually add the extra features to the avalon-tigris skin.
> In any case, if you send teh patches for avalon-tigris I'll take a look
> at them.
> --
> Nicola Ken Barozzi

Apache Software Foundation Committer:
fingerprint: E420 3713 FAB0 C160 4A1E  6FC5 5846 23D6 80AE BDEA

View raw message