forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>
Subject SourceConf (Re: Removed xdoc copying)
Date Mon, 13 Oct 2003 12:31:01 GMT
On Mon, Oct 13, 2003 at 11:07:27AM +0200, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
> Jeff Turner wrote:
>
> >On Sun, Oct 12, 2003 at 05:17:31PM +0200, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
> >>In my sourcemap proposal, this is exactly what happens. The sourcemap
> >>tells me the real place of the file when I request a virtual place, by
> >>also using resource exists. I'll commit it as soon as it's finished
> >>(still working on the syntax as the current one still sucks).
> >
> >So how does it happen?  ResourceExists actions, or ResourceExists input
> >modules?
>
> The sourcemap is a descriptor for an inputmodule. This inputmodule gets
> a "virtual" source location and resolves the real location.
>
> So from the sitemap, what it sees is just an inputmodule that gives it
> the real source to use.

So taking images as an example, which may be in
src/documentation/resources/images or
$FORREST/context/resources/images.

What does the resources.xmap entry look like?  It is currently:

<map:match pattern="images/**.*">
    <map:read src="resources/images/{1}.{2}" mime-type="image/{2}" />
</map:match>

Perhaps:

<map:match pattern="images/**.*">
    <map:read src="{images:{1}.{2}}" mime-type="image/{2}" />
</map:match>

which requires nesting variable resolution?

--Jeff