forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>
Subject Re: skin package descriptor skins.xml
Date Sun, 05 Oct 2003 12:45:41 GMT
Catching up on missed mail..

On Thu, Oct 02, 2003 at 01:25:42PM +0200, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
> Since I am the creator and maintainer of that skin, I would obviously
> prefer to keep it in Forrest, it's easier to manage.
>
> But these are some reasons why we should move:
>
> 1 - it's not an Apache project

It's ASL'ed.

> 2 - it's unfair to other projects that must keep their skin on
>     their sites

They're not ASL'ed.  And they don't exist (see below).

> 3 - we point to one real-life example to start with, as David says
> 4 - it's popular just because it's there, not necessarily because it's
>     that nice; with remote skins popularity will decrease IMHO

If it comes to predictions, I predict this system isn't going to be
adopted by users at all, based on the observation that users *haven't*
been swamping us with skin submissions.  We haven't had a single skin
submission since forrest-css.  This is solving a non-existent problem.

> What I *would* do though, is to move all the krysalis-skin mods to the
> forrest skin back in the forrest skin, and make users add a page.css
> file in the project documentation dir.

?? What krysalis-skin (?) mods to the forrest skin?

--Jeff