forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>
Subject Re: forrestbot2
Date Sat, 04 Oct 2003 14:19:06 GMT
On Thu, Oct 02, 2003 at 01:39:44PM -0400, Dave Brondsema wrote:

> Jeff,
>
> I'm delighted to see that forrestbot is being rewritten.  We are
> planning on using it for many internal projects, but when I tried to
> make a few changes to it, it was very complicated.
>
> What's the plan for the new forrestbot?  Obviously there's a lot of
> work yet to be done for it, but we'd like to start using it and I can
> devote some time to developing it.  But I don't know even how to start
> trying to use the new one (there's no .bat or .sh file) and I don't
> want any work I do on it to conflict with your plans.
>
> So if you could provide a quick explanation of how to start using it
> and what I can do to help, that'd be great.

Using the latest CVS:

cd xml-forrest
./build.sh
cd build/dist/shbat/forrestbot2
forrest -f xml-forrest-seed.xml

If you have Ant 1.6 installed and the FORREST_HOME variable set, you
could also run 'ant -f xml-xmlbeans.xml'

It's all very alpha still, and I'm still needing to tweak the main files
for every new project added.

--Jeff