forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Forrest 0.5.1 release
Date Fri, 03 Oct 2003 11:54:12 GMT
On Fri, Oct 03, 2003 at 03:36:33AM +0200, Juan Jose Pablos wrote:
> Jeff Turner wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >I've updated the FORREST_05_BRANCH to Cocoon 2.1.2, and created another
> >snapshot:
> >
> >http://www.apache.org/~jefft/forrest/releases/0.5.1-RC2/
> >
> >Apart from using an official Cocoon release, this also includes Dave
> >Brondsema's FOR-70 fix (javascript menus in krysalis-site breaking for
> >identical filenames).
> >
> >Please vote on whether we can release this as 0.5.1.
>
> You have not put a day for this release.

Votes usually last 3 days, which would make the release time around 1pm
GMT on Sunday.

http://incubator.apache.org/drafts/voting.html

> Can we leave a bit more time than for 0.5 to avoid been hit by a cocoon
> bug?

3 days seems an adequate time to discover major flaws.  The Cocoon in RC2
is only 10 days later than that in RC1, so I'd be surprised to find
anything changed.

More generally, how many users do you think care about RC releases, or
bother to download and test them?  The way to discover bugs in an open
source project is to make releases.  If users discover problems, we
fix'em and do another release.  Simple.

--Jeff