forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Brondsema <d...@brondsema.net>
Subject Re: [proposal] Doco
Date Tue, 28 Oct 2003 02:01:58 GMT
Quoting Stefano Mazzocchi <stefano@apache.org>:

> > On another note, can images/PDFs/other-binaries be uploaded?
>
> Damn, forgot about this!
>
> My suggestion would be to process the binary file and determine if it's
> an image or not.
>
> If not, reject it right away. [there should be *NO* need to upload any
> other binary file ]

Why do you think so?  I think it depends on the context of the documentation.
In our use of forrest we have diagram files, MSWord files that haven't been
converted yet, existing PDFs (created outside of forrest), .tgz downloads and
more.  I don't think we should limit doco to exclude binaries.  Likely these
options could be enabled and disabled by site administrators, but some
documentation sites would like to have binaries posted.

--
Dave Brondsema
dave@brondsema.net