forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@indexgeo.com.au>
Subject Re: cvs commit: docbook/4.1.2/
Date Fri, 03 Oct 2003 03:38:39 GMT
Juan Jose Pablos wrote:
> Antonio Gallardo wrote:
<snip/>
> > Another question. Please provide the LICENSE.docbook
>
> ?¿ well, I need help on this, I have not idea of what LICENCE file
> should provide, I only found a note here:
> http://docbook.org/specs/cs-docbook-docbook-4.2.html
>
> Help!!
>
> Cheche

Well spotted Antonio. Yes we committers need to be sure about
licence issues. I see that the 4.2 and 4.1.2 DTDs have a license
statement in the top of each file. Well IANAL, but that seems
sufficient to me. It seems that we are complying with its terms.
If you want clarification then you could ask pmc<AT>xml.apache

Perhaps also add a README like is in our docbook/4.2 dir.

I gather that Antonio is also suggesting a legal/LICENSE.docbook42 etc.
Perhaps just extract the license header from each docbookx.dtd to create
these files.

I do see one other problem. Each file has a CVS $Id$ thing that
unfortunately gets modified by our CVS, thus erasing any knowledge
of the date that their last modification was done. Is there a way
to disable this for these files? I usually resort to breaking it by
removing the $ symbols.

--David