forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@indexgeo.com.au>
Subject Re: [HEADSUP] Committed skin package system
Date Thu, 02 Oct 2003 09:12:52 GMT
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
> David Crossley wrote:
> > Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
> >>David Crossley wrote:
> > <snip/>
> >
> >>I'd also want to add other information to the skins.xml file to include
> >>also some other information about the skins, so we can use that to
> >>automatically present a nice skins page to the user.
> >
> > Yes, "description" would be a good start. I added that today.

> > Nicola Ken would you please do
> > 'chmod g+w /x1/www/xml.apache.org/forrest/skins' which is owned by you.
>
> It's already group writeable AFAIS. It's not deleatable though, as I
> want to prevent accidental delete of this URI resource.
>
> Are you not able to update? Hmmm... maybe I'm doing something wrong...

No, i could update it okay. I ran into a permissions problem when i
tried to do a temporary backup in the same directory. No worries, i just
did it somewhere else. I said something because i thought it was odd.

Good idea about trying to prevent its accidental removal.
Should i test it?

> > I found another problem. If you do 'build clean; build' in xml-forrest,
> > and 'forrest clean' in your project, then 'forrest available-skins' will
> > fail - it does not go and get the skins.xml descriptor. It is only when
> > you do 'forrest' that it will retrieve it. I did try to fix it.
>
> Fixed, in making the descriptor not be downloaded always I forgot to
> check that. Thanks :-)

Looks good now.

--David