forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@indexgeo.com.au>
Subject Re: [RT] - HTML META tag to indicate build by forrest.
Date Thu, 02 Oct 2003 08:06:33 GMT
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
> Antonio Gallardo wrote:
> > Hi:
> >
> > I want to propose a meta tag inserted automatically that will tell that
> > the site is builded with forrest. Similar as FrontPage do.
> >
> > This way Forrest can be counted as a web authoring tool:
> >
> > http://www.securityspace.com/s_survey/data/man.200309/webauth.html
> >
> > We just need to add a web page meta tag 'generator'.
> >
> > Is that a good idea?

I think that a facility to produce various meta tags is a
good idea. It was discussed very recently on this list
(try MARC search).

> Maybe I'm nitpicking bit is Forrest a we *authoring* tool?

I think that it is. There are many facets to such tools.
Forrest takes care of every stage. Yes, we can even say that it
takes care of the content editing stage too. If all that you have
is a plain text editor, then you are ready to mess with the *.xml
It is up to the user how sophisticated they get, but that part is
not Forrest's concern.

So, i think that it does classify as a "web authoring tool"
... well *the* tool actually.

+1 to adding a facility to produce metadata tags (configurable).
+1 to adding the specific "generator" tag to the xml-forrest website.

--David