forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@indexgeo.com.au>
Subject Re: [HEADSUP] Committed skin package system
Date Thu, 02 Oct 2003 04:22:52 GMT
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
> David Crossley wrote:
<snip/>
> Dunno, if it's a zip it's easy to open by double-clicking, and has a
> real mime-type. On the other hand it's generic, and even Openoffics has
> a different extension even if they are using zips... what do others prefer?
>
>   *.zip?
>   *.fsz?
>   *.forrestskin.zip?
>   *.fs.zip?

+1 for *.zip

<snip/>
> I'd also want to add other information to the skins.xml file to include
> also some other information about the skins, so we can use that to
> automatically present a nice skins page to the user.

Yes, "description" would be a good start. I added that today.
Nicola Ken would you please do
'chmod g+w /x1/www/xml.apache.org/forrest/skins' which is owned by you.

I found another problem. If you do 'build clean; build' in xml-forrest,
and 'forrest clean' in your project, then 'forrest available-skins' will
fail - it does not go and get the skins.xml descriptor. It is only when
you do 'forrest' that it will retrieve it. I did try to fix it.

--David