forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@trysybase.com>
Subject Re: BROKEN: UTFDataFormatException: String cannot be longer than 32k.
Date Wed, 01 Oct 2003 16:32:35 GMT
> Processing such big files just to make them fit in the page IMHO does
> not make much sense and is a waste of resources.

You'd be amazed at how 'small' 32K really is.

> My humble advise? Link directly to the raw page.

Yeah, doable, but one extra click/look. I think I'll (1) make the pages be
[if needed] smaller chunks in multiple <source> elements (2) wait for a fix.

> In any case, if you still would like to have the "inclusion" behaviour,
> I would suggest you to make it configurable (I prefer not to generate
> pages just to decorate commandline output).

Yes, understood, but I am trying to group relevant information together. I
want folks to be able to see the command, its command line, its details
(outputs/run times), and it's outputs all at one glance. 99% of the files
will be far less than 32K.

    http://gump.chalko.com/py/checkenvironment/check_forrest.html

Thanks for the inputs/ideas.

regards