forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Konstantin Piroumian" <kpiroum...@apache.org>
Subject Re: i18n in Forrest
Date Fri, 03 Oct 2003 11:34:44 GMT
From: "Juan Jose Pablos" <cheche@che-che.com>
> Konstantin Piroumian wrote:
> >

> > Won't adding a 'locale=ru' parameter switch the language? AFAIR, you are
> > using LocaleAction in menu.xmap, which looks for a parameter first and
then
> > everything else.
> >

> Yes it does, this is the order from o.a.c.acting.LocaleAction.java:
>

> Request CGI parameter "locale"
> Session attribute "locale"
> First matching Cookie parameter "locale"
> within each cookie sent with the current request
> Locale setting of the requesting object
>
> (in the case of language, if the above cases do not yield a valid value
> the locale value of the server is used)

Cheche,

you are describing me the behavior of LocaleAction, but what I was asking is
why it doesn't work in Forrest? Maybe I am doing something wrong. I'll try
to start from scratch and see if it will work this time and will let you
know about the results.
(BTW, just take a look at the authors of LocaleAction at
http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/apidocs/org/apache/cocoon/acting/LocaleAction.html
;-D ).

BTW, I am quite agree with your i18n plan in Forrest, so here is mine +1 for
it.

Regards,
  Konstantin