forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@trysybase.com>
Subject BROKEN: UTFDataFormatException: String cannot be longer than 32k.
Date Wed, 01 Oct 2003 14:30:42 GMT
I am making some fun progress with Gump & Forrest:

http://lsd.student.utwente.nl/gump/
http://lsd.student.utwente.nl/gump/todos.html

and will continue to work on configuration stuff.

I am, however, getting this error:

BROKEN: UTFDataFormatException: String cannot be longer than 32k.

.. and Forrest is (eventually) exiting with a '1'.

I get lines like:

X [0] avalon/update/update_avalon.html	BROKEN: UTFDataFormatException:
String cannot be longer than 32k.

but I still see:

http://lsd.student.utwente.nl/gump/avalon/update/update_avalon.html

For the full output, see:

http://lsd.student.utwente.nl/gump/forrest.txt
http://lsd.student.utwente.nl/gump/gumpy.html

Is this as simple as a source or a table or something can't be that long. Is
it failing, or working? Ought I be changing what I do (please say no :-) or
filling a bug report or ????

Thanks in advance for your help.

regards

Adam