forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Long time, no Forrest
Date Tue, 30 Sep 2003 06:24:40 GMT
Tony Collen wrote:
> Hi Forresters,
>
> I've just been playing with Forrest-0.5, and I must say I'm impressed!
> There've been lots of changes since the last time I looked at it and
> used it -- probably since 0.2 or so.  Anyway, I'm so impressed that once
> we launch the site I am working on here at work, I'm going to push to
> switch it over to Forrest.

Thanks :-D

> My main question, is that I was wondering the criteria for new skins to
> be submitted.  I would probably end up either adapting the default
> Forrest skin to the site design I have, or I'll just write my own
> skin... do the skins neccesarily need to be specific to a certain Apache
> project, or are they good to go if they're general enough?

Style is not an issue here, they just need to be nice. The problem is
about maintainability though. ATM we keep only skins that the Forrest
developers use, and thus will update every time it's needed. In any case
it's not strictly necessary that we distribute the skins, they can also
be downloaded and installed on Forrest separately, by copying them in
the Forrest skins directory (or put on the singular site documentation
under src/resources/skin IIRC).

Of course, if the design is mouth-watering enough it would be hard to
not accept it ;-)

             - verba volant, scripta manent -