forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Forrest source directory layout and resolving
Date Wed, 24 Sep 2003 12:19:28 GMT
Jeff Turner wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 24, 2003 at 11:30:10AM +0200, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
>>3 definition of additional user resources
>>
>>1 new standard layout
>>--------------------------
>>
>>This was the last proposal that had consensus IIUC:
>>http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/ReadMsg?listName=forrest-dev@xml.apache.org&msgNo=5759
>
> It had consensus, but I don't know if it was concrete enough to be
> considered a 'proposal'.
>
>>>From this thread I took the fiollowing stuff:
>>http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/BrowseList?listName=forrest-dev@xml.apache.org&from=360923&to=360923&count=36&by=thread&first=21&windowSize=20&selectedPage=2
>>
>>The default Cocoon doc space is:
>>
>> documentation
>>   content -> model
>>     - files to process (1)
>>     - files not to process (2)
>>   resources -> controller
>>   skins -> view
>>
>>So we would have use definable (KISS)
>>
>>content-dir (1)
>>raw-dir (2)
>
> I have trouble thinking abstractly.  What would the default directories
> for these be?  Could they overlap, eg. to emulate what we have now:
>
> src/documentation/content          # raw-dir
> src/documentation/content/xdocs    # content-dir

Yes.

In truth, it's exactly as now, just that here it's formalized and by
default it will be something like:

  src/documentation/content/          # content-dir
  src/documentation/content/raw       # raw-dir

An important point is also about resources, as all images will be simply
defined as content and have to be put under the content dir.

>>The content dir is about all content, that Forrest *may* alter.
>>The raw dir is about content that Forrest may *not* alter in any way.
>>
>>The content-dir can contain:
>>
>>- *.xml   (documentdtd, faq, changes, todo, status, multischema, etc)
>>- *.html  (html4, to be tidied as is now ihtml)
>>- *.xhtml (xhtml1, xhtml2-dev)
>>- *.cwiki
>>- *.png,gif,etc
>>- *.txt