forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: xml-forrest/src/resources/stylesheets changes2document.xsl
Date Wed, 24 Sep 2003 06:18:43 GMT
Juan Jose Pablos wrote:

> Jeff Turner wrote:
>
>> Juan Jose Pablos wrote:

>>> could not you wait a bit more?
>>
>> I don't have many moments to work on Forrest, so I do what I can when
>> I can, knowing it can all be reverted if necessary.
>
> So you should not wasting your time reverting someone else change's, an
> email to the list is enough.
> It did not break anything right?. so Why it could not wait until monday
> for me to revised.

Juan, you are taking it too strong. That is not *your* code, but *our*
code. These things happen, and it's not a big deal in explaining
afterwards. It's not the Jeff has fun in reverting your changes
continuously, no?

>>> you would not expecting me to reply to your questions in 22 minutes
>>> on a sunday morning ┬┐right?
>>>
>>> I have never tread your code or other commiter's code as pointless,so
>>> I am expecting you to have same behaviour
>>
>> If your reasons are so obscure, and you don't document them in the
>> commit message, what do you expect?
>
> I am expecting you to do what you did at first.send an email to the list.

You are wrong. It's not necessary for such small things.

> It did not break anything right?. I would except you to call my
> additions pointless because you did not understand the reasons behind them.

That's exactly what pointless means ;-)
If he did not understand the reasons behind them, he called them
pointless, of course.

>>> They were for the i18nn migration  to remind that it's contents need
>>> to be translated.
>>
>> Wouldn't a <!-- i18nize this --> comment have achieved the same?  This
>> is a collaborative project.  A random <xsl:text> may mean something
>> special to you, but it doesn't to everyone else and so doesn't belong
>> in CVS
>
> ramdon <xsl:text>?

You are the only one that has added a comment as <xsl:text> till now
that I have seen. Probably you meant <xsl:comment>?

> *All text on changes2document.xsl has <xsl:text>* Except what you reverted.
>
> I know that this is a collaborative project, but this type of behavior
> does not create it.

Your ranting does not either. Please cut it off, let's get things really
going instead of ranting about a single tag.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -