forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Forrest: dynamic or static?
Date Mon, 22 Sep 2003 12:20:21 GMT
Jeff Turner wrote:
> The ability to run a Forrest site dynamically during development is a
> huge advantage.  Nobody is suggesting getting rid of it.  I'm suggesting
> that as a rule, we do not include features that 1) *only* work online, 2)
> are used by only a few users.

This is what we have been doing till now, so I can't see the problem,
except for the latest stuff.

Instead of continuing on this thread, I'd suggest we call for a vote on
these items.

As I said, the XSP thing simply will vanish with blocks, and we just
have to prepare every "dynamic" feature with a CLI equivalent. For
example, catering for users that have HTTPD installed and using it's
capabilities can be a nice "CLI" complement to the Cocoon dynamic features.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -