forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Forrest: dynamic or static?
Date Mon, 22 Sep 2003 09:57:14 GMT
Jeff Turner wrote:

> What I'm against adding are features that perhaps 5% of Forrest users
> want, that require a live Cocoon.  Looking in the Cocoon samples, there
> are *hundreds* of features falling in this category.  We need to have
> some guidelines or Forrest will end up a bloated mess, trying to be
> everything to everyone.

+1

I had thought that we wanted to just forget any online use, such as
removing the webapp target and such.

This is exactly what I mean too.

>>Lenya is a CMS, and there is no need to reinvent it. You have deleted
>>the pathetic editor attempts I had put in CVS, and I did not say
>>anything about it, because I agree that Forrest must remain focused.
>
> Cool.  Actually at the time I had no thoughts of "focus".  The editor was
> just broken and unmaintained.

It was not finished. Nobody stepped up for collaborating on it, so I
gathered that there was no interest in it either, so I stopped myself on it.

>>So +1 to keep an eye to "static" and "Apache-friendly" Forrest.
>>-1 to crippling its ability to do the same in "live" mode, as that's how
>>most intranets use it.
>
> ..and how people use it to develop pages, so of course.

Of course.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -