forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Project definition. (Re: [RT] Status.xml, changes.xml, todos.xmlm, news and other descriptors])
Date Wed, 17 Sep 2003 13:04:53 GMT
Jeff Turner wrote:
> I'm not sure on all these common formats.  When there's only one or two
> _source_ formats (here, Maven and Gump), isn't is easier just to write
> two stylesheets than to try to come up with an XML format that is
> superset of both?

Since I want to minimize the differences between the common format and
at least one of the sources (less work), I'll extend the Gump one as
it's more generic and expandable without breaking Gump. That means that
Gump can use the expanded one without breaking.

So yes, the format will be a superset of both, but to minimize work it
will be based on the gump format.

> I guess the choice is up to the person who does the work ;)

;-)

>>Anyway, again I'm seeing that we go in a lot of talking and once we are
>>finished I feel that my itches don't itch anymore.
>>
>>So I propose that I implement my proposal taking into account initial
>>reactions, and then we can all judge from that how to make it better.
>>
>>Deal?
>
> +1

Excellent! Way to go! :-)

             - verba volant, scripta manent -