forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Claiming *.html (Re: cvs commit: xml-forrest/src/resources/conf forrest.xmap)
Date Mon, 08 Sep 2003 11:49:54 GMT
Jeff Turner wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 08, 2003 at 06:27:05AM -0000, nicolaken@apache.org wrote:
>
>>nicolaken    2003/09/07 23:27:05
>>
>>  Modified:    src/resources/conf forrest.xmap
>>  Log:
>>  Add .html matcher as new way of defining ihtml pages.
>
> What happens if in 0.6, we decide to have a fully unified filesystem
> layout, where extension is the only way of differentiating raw and parsed
> content?
>
> That is more or less what I proposed in this thread:

> And you agreed that it was a superset of the previously proposed
> solution, that of having a raw/ directory:
>
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=forrest-dev&m=105894150226944&w=2

Wait a sec, AFAIU it's not the extension that defines binary or not, but
an attribute in site.xml.

You wrote:
 > Well we can make binary=true an inheritable attribute then:
 >
 >   <apidocs binary="true">
 >   </apidocs>

> I don't want to limit our options in 0.6 for the minimal advantage of
> making *.ihtml easier to edit.  So claim *.html if you want, but be aware
> that it may be redefined in 0.6.

I thought that we had agreed on this, Jeff, and I thought that this
commit was in line with what we had decided.

IE:
  - Add .html matcher as new way of defining ihtml pages
  - Make namespaced content pass the pipeline (so we can add xhtml things
    to xdoc pages for special cases, as like ehtml)
  - deprecate ihtml and ehtml

I'd add now:
  - add a class attribute to all tags
  - add a user.css stylesheet so that users can easily change styles or
    attach new things to class attribute meanings

Do you have other ideas now?

I'm ok with rediscussing if you have other idea, just wanted to note
that I did this commit because I thought it was in line with the
decisions taken, not because I want to force things my way.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -