forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Brondsema <d...@brondsema.net>
Subject Re: want to use a wiki
Date Tue, 16 Sep 2003 19:59:04 GMT

On Tue, 16 Sep 2003, Robert W. George wrote:

> Hello,
> The documentation says that Forrest has some wiki support, but I can't
> find anything on how to get rolling.  I would like to have a wiki for my
> project, and have it linked to from within my pages (built with
> Forrest).  Could someone help me out with this?  I have been taking
> notes as I use Forrest to build my development site, and I plan to write
> a tutorial based on my experiences with Forrest.  It would be nice to
> have a complete section on how to integrate a wiki with forrest.  Thanks
> for the help!
>
> Best,
> Bob

http://xml.apache.org/forrest/wiki-sample.html gives a description of how
to wiki format that forrest can parse.  Simply save the files with a
.cwiki extension.  However, this is simply a wiki source format, not a
true wiki.  You cannot edit the files on the fly and the standard
interwiki page linking does not work.

For your case, it sounds like you should set up your wiki seperate from
your forrest site and link between the two.  Don't forget to exclude the
wiki urls. http://xml.apache.org/forrest/faq.html#ignoring_javadocs