forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Eirik Bjørsnøs <bjors...@stud.ntnu.no>
Subject Re: Error in running Forrest as a webapp
Date Mon, 08 Sep 2003 21:32:08 GMT
On Mon, 8 Sep 2003, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> >>08:30:15.183 EVENT  Starting Jetty/4.2.8
> >>08:30:15.584 EVENT  Started WebApplicationContext[/,Forrest]
> >>java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
> >>org.apache.excalibur.store.impl.AbstractJispFilesys
> >>temStore.getNullKey()Lcom/coyotegulch/jisp/KeyObject;
> >

> > Works for me.  Anyone else having problems?
>
> I found out that it was the specific project docs having problems. The
> error though is strange, and I don't know what causes it.

Ciao Nicola,

I came across this problem a few days ago, after upgrading/rebuilding my
Forrest installation. I found that after deleting the project's build
directory, and then regenerating, the problem (or at least the symptom)
was gone.

However, I guess the deeper problem of cross-version build-directory
compatibility remains to be solved. If the excalibur jar files/libraries
are updated, they should be deployed to the build directory
automatically before starting the webapp.

Alternatively, there should be a FAQ explaining the need to delete the
build directory when upgrading Forrest.

BTW: Is there any reason why Forrest has no "clean" target? I can always
delete files manually, but it would be nice to be able to do a
"forrest clean run".

Eirik.
--
Eirik Bjørsnøs