forrest-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From stefan.bernem...@degussa.com
Subject Re: Antwort: Re: Wiki Support
Date Tue, 23 Sep 2003 12:51:42 GMT


"Jeff Turner" <jefft@apache.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 18, 2003 at 05:10:58PM +0200, stefan.bernemann@degussa.com
wrote:
> >
> > [...]
> > (2) if I switch on the pipelines in forrest.xmap to dynamically
generate
> > the wiki.{xlex,xgrm} files from the wiki.grm, I get the following
error:
> >
> > 11:01:38.953 EVENT  ERROR   (2003-09-18) 11:01.38:953   [access  ]
> > (/samples/wiki-sample.html) PoolThread-4/CocoonServlet: Internal Cocoon
> > Problem
> > org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Failed to execute pipeline.:
> > org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Error during resolving of
> > 'cocoon:/wiki.xlex'.: org.apache.excalibur.source.SourceException:
> > Exception during processing of cocoon://wiki.xlex
>
> I've just fixed one bug that may have caused this.
>
> [...]
>
>
> --Jeff
>
> > [..]

1. Thanks, Jeff, for that fix - indeed, that allowed me to start working on
the grammar.
   Attached are the diffs from wiki.grm, wiki2document.xsl and
wiki-sample.cwiki.

2. Things that should now work are:
   - Subheadings are rendered as subsections.
     Note: That means that a !!!heading (level1) must not be followed by
           a !heading (level3). This was the case for the original
wiki-sample.cwiki.
   - Improved list handling:
     Bulleted lists can now be nested (up to three levels).
     Definition lists work (see incompatiblity note below)
     You can also mix bulleted, numbered and definition lists on a nested
level.
     Continuation lines in lists now work.
   - Linebreak ('\\') now works.

3. Open issues:
   - Nested definition lists are not rendered correctly in pdf: A nested
list
     is inserted in the list-body on "next to" the <li> element, not "in"
an "li"
     element. (e.g.:
<ul><li>item1</li><dl><dt>term</dt><dd>explanation</dd><dl></ul>
     According to the dtd, this is ok and it is rendered correctly in html,
but _not_
     in pdf!?
   - I "changed" the wiki-syntax for definitoin lists in that the colon
introducing the
     explanation part is required to be at the first position of a new
line.
     Otherwise it is not possible to have a colon in the definition term. I
consider this
     worse, e.g., given that colons are commonly used as delimters for
namespaces, and explaning
     namespace entries are a good case for definition lists.
     Any comments?
   - On a windows box, newlines are coded as "\r\n". In html, a block of
code blocks now contains
     these '\r' charactes as '&#13;' which render as blank lines.
     I am no xslt expert and I have no idea how to filter out these \r
characters...
   - Anchors of footnotes are not correctly rendered.
   - Something is still wrong the handling of "----".

   - The chaperon parser does not write out the line number if a parsing
error is detected.
     This is quite critical as Wiki is supposed to be very simple to use -
but if a parsing error
     occurs somewhere in a longer text, you are almost stuck!

--Stefan.


(See attached file: wiki-sample.cwiki.diff)(See attached file:
wiki2document.xsl.diff)(See attached file: wiki.grm.diff)


Mime
View raw message