forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Sikha, Naresh" <Naresh.Si...@schwab.com>
Subject Forrest and OpenOffice
Date Mon, 29 Sep 2003 21:45:27 GMT
I'm a forrest newbie, so please bear with me.

I am interested in having Forrest render *.sxw (OpenOffice Writer) files.
Has anyone ventured into this space?

A brief strawman:

- Using OpenOffice render .sxw to HTML and save with the .ihtml extension
(this needs to happen by invoking a Java class - Ant task? - rather than
XSL).
- Using Forrest integrate into site via .ihtml extension (ihtml is easy
since OpenOffice supports HTML and so does Forrest)

The only problem with this is that the conversion to .ihtml needs to happen
basically before forrest.xmap kicks in. Not knowing much about Forrest (and
assuming this work hasn't been done yet:), I'm at a loss of where to go
next.

Thanks for your help.

-Naresh