forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Andre Anneck" <andre.ann...@spmtechnologies.com>
Subject Release Process...
Date Tue, 09 Sep 2003 06:23:16 GMT
Hi dev-team,

in order to circumvent such conflicts I recommend using CVS branches (early branching):
1. Announce Code-Freeze
2. Open branch RC_0-5
=> Now people can continue work on MAIN, without interference of the release branch
3. Start tagging inside the branch to test release candidates (Maybe Tag-Names == Jira Release-Names)
=> Bugs fixed in release branch need merge into MAIN branch, ok thats the overhead work
you have using this approach
4. Once satisfied with stability of RC_05, do the final TAG and produce the release artifacts.

Just my 2EUR's ;),

Take care,

André
_________________________________