forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Upayavira ...@upaya.co.uk>
Subject Re: CLI Feature request
Date Fri, 26 Sep 2003 13:39:46 GMT
Jeff Turner wrote:

>On Fri, Sep 26, 2003 at 09:26:52AM +0100, Upayavira wrote:
>

>>Upayavira wrote:

>>After some days during which my IDE wouldn't compile Cocoon, I have now
>>committed this simple change.
>>

>* [50]  1.814s 46.0Kb  primer.html
>* [0]   0.021s 15.3Kb  images/page-areas.png
>* [0]   1.248s 45.5Kb  primer.pdf
>* [49]  0.531s 15.6Kb  license.html
>* [60]  1.281s 49.8Kb  sitemap-ref.html
>* [0]   2.883s 53.1Kb  sitemap-ref.pdf
>^                      site:your-project
>^                      ext:cocoon
>^                      site:howto-samples/overview
>
>All indented and beautiful.. thanks!  I'll commit this to Forrest
>tomorrow and make a 0.5.1 RC1 for people to play with.

I've just implemented (and am testing now) a command line parameter (-n)
that allows you to select one of a set of <uris> nodes, e.g.:

<uris name="foo" follow-links="true">
  <uri src="foo1.html"/>
</uris>

<uris name="bar" follow-links="false">
  <uri src="bar1.html"/>
  <uri src="bar2.html"/>
</uris>

So, running:
cocoon cli -x cli.xconf -n foo
or
cocoon cli -x cli.xconf -n bar

will allow you to generate one or other set of URIs, each set of URIs
can have different properties, specifically link following, link
checking, etc. If you don't specify -n, all <uris> nodes are processed.

Don't know if this is useful.

>>I have also reordered some code in the CLI, so that a destination
>>directory specified on the command line will now override one specified
>>in the xconf. All other command line parameters already override their
>>xconf equivalents.
>>
>>Oh, and please do check out my logging/reporting question on cocoon-dev.
>>

>Will do.

Great.

Upayavira