forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Upayavira ...@upaya.co.uk>
Subject Re: temporarily override parts of cli.xconf
Date Fri, 26 Sep 2003 08:04:14 GMT
Dave Brondsema wrote:

>On Thu, 25 Sep 2003, Upayavira wrote:
>

>>Dave Brondsema wrote:
>>

>>>Before the new CLI, I often ran forrest with
>>>-project.start-uri=somefile.html -project.follow-links=false to quickly
>>>regenerate a single file.  But now these settings are stored in cli.xconf
>>>and I would have to create a new cli.xconf file every time I do something
>>>like this.  Is it possible to allow a few command line arguments to
>>>override parts of cli.xconf?
>>>

>>Command line parameters should automatically override their xconf
>>equivalents. Try it and let me know if this is not the case.
>>
>>Regards, Upayavira
>>

>Could you give an example?  I tried using the options listed on
>http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=CommandLine  Neither of the
>following worked.
>
>forrest -f asdf.pdf -r false
>forrest -DuriFile=asdf.pdf -DfollowLinks=false

Try either of:
forrest -r false asdf.pdf
forrest -DfollowLinks=false -Dasdf.pdf

The uri file option gives the filename of a file that contains URIs, one
per line. It is not the URI of a page to be generated. To add a URI to
be generated, add it without a switch.

Try that.

I'm assuming here that parameters to Forrest are passed on to the CLI. I
have absolutely no idea about that.

Regards, Upayavira