forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Upayavira ...@upaya.co.uk>
Subject Re: temporarily override parts of cli.xconf
Date Thu, 25 Sep 2003 17:33:52 GMT
Dave Brondsema wrote:

>Before the new CLI, I often ran forrest with
>-project.start-uri=somefile.html -project.follow-links=false to quickly
>regenerate a single file.  But now these settings are stored in cli.xconf
>and I would have to create a new cli.xconf file every time I do something
>like this.  Is it possible to allow a few command line arguments to
>override parts of cli.xconf?

What I didn't say is that, some time soon I'll create an Ant class
that'll allow you to include xconf details within your ant build file.
Maybe that'd make it easier to do what you want.

Also, I've added a <uris> grouping element to the xconf, maybe I could
add a name attribute to each uris section, and add a command line
parameter allowing you to select which <uris> node to process.

Make sense? Useful?

Regards, Upayavira