forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Juan Jose Pablos <che...@che-che.com>
Subject Re: Declaring components where they are used (Re: cvs commit: xml-forrest/src/resources/stylesheets i18n.xsl)
Date Tue, 23 Sep 2003 23:13:13 GMT
Jeff Turner wrote:

> Do you understand the problem?  This guarantees to break _every single_
> site that overrides sitemap.xmap, either now or when 0.6 is released.
>
> If the locale action is eventually needed in sitemap.xmap as well, why
> not just duplicate the definitions?  5 lines of duplication to keep
> backwards-compatibility seems well worth it.

I do! The earlier I put these components on the sitema.xmap earlier
people will overwrite them with these definitions in!

Putting them on menu.xmap guarantees to break every single_
site that overrides menu.xmap.

your 5 lines will have side effect as you know, and make our code look
fat and ugly.

So we need to fix the root problem and that is FOR-57 "custom maps"

Cheers,
Cheche