forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Juan Jose Pablos <che...@che-che.com>
Subject Re: Declaring components where they are used (Re: cvs commit: xml-forrest/src/resources/stylesheets i18n.xsl)
Date Mon, 22 Sep 2003 14:32:46 GMT

Jeff Turner wrote:
> Please define components in the sitemap where they are used, not in
> sitemap.xmap.   It minimises dependencies between sitemaps.
>
> For example, Cocoon has an overridden sitemap.xmap, and their build was
> broken because the overridden sitemap.xmap didn't define components that
> forrest.xmap and menu.xmap need:
>
> * [0] favicon.ico
> X [0] index.html        BROKEN: Type 'locale' is not defined for 'act' at file:/old/home/jeff/homeoverflow/apache/xml/cocoon-2.1/build/cocoon-2.1.2-dev/tmp/context/menu.xmap:100:37
> Total time: 0 minutes 10 seconds
>

> * [0] favicon.ico
> X [0] index.html        BROKEN: Type 'i18n' is not defined for 'transform' at file:/old/home/jeff/homeoverflow/apache/xml/cocoon-2.1/build/cocoon-2.1.2-dev/tmp/context/menu.xmap:104:35
> Total time: 0 minutes 9 seconds

The reason of why I put in18 transformer and local action on the sitemap
is because they are going to be used on more places than the menu.xmap:

To translate the tab matcher you need to include both components on sitemap.

So adding both components on sitemap is the right place to do it, as
they have been used in more thant one sitemap.

Revert that commit so in18 and locale components have been define on
sitemap.

Cheers,
Cheche