forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Upayavira ...@upaya.co.uk>
Subject Re: Forrest: dynamic or static?
Date Mon, 22 Sep 2003 13:17:02 GMT
Juan Jose Pablos wrote:

> Upayavira wrote:
>

>> If you're happy to have a directory tree for each language (as
>> opposed to index.en.html, and index.de.html), then you could do this
>> really easy with minimal modification to the CLI.
>>

> But I thought that you could use the <accept/> tag.

No idea. Never done internationalisation. If accept is okay, that would
be file. But with the existing CLI, you can only have one accepts entry
per xconf, rather than per URI (or group of URIs). Again, minimal code
change to make it possible to associate an accept header with a group of
URIs.

>> All you need is a way specify the locale for a URI listed in the
>> cli.xconf. I reckon that'd take me 15 minutes. Then you could say:
>>
>> <uri src="index.html" locale="en/gb" dest="site/en/"/>
>> <uri src="index.html" locale="de" dest="site/de/"/>
>> etc.
>> I'd extend the CommandLineRequest class to return your specified
>> locale instead of the default.
>>
>> Then you've just got to create some Apache rewriting rules, and
>> you're away.
>>

> I will check Apache documentation, to findout the best approach.

I'm curious...