forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Upayavira ...@upaya.co.uk>
Subject Re: Forrest: dynamic or static?
Date Mon, 22 Sep 2003 12:50:53 GMT
Juan Jose Pablos wrote:

> Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
>

>> On Monday, Sep 22, 2003, at 12:43 Europe/Rome, Juan Jose Pablos wrote:
>>

>>> you can use an applet so the search is done on the client, but I am
>>> not sure about this on large sites.
>>

>> and send your index everytime to the client? for every page? c'mon
>>

> Well, for cases where it is not access to a servlet engine, I am not
> aware of other way to achive this.

By using the features of the web server on which the site is deployed.
If its Apache, you could use a PHP search engine, or ASP on IIS, etc,
etc, etc. If we can't use Java, use what we've got. There's probably
plenty of decent, open source search engines written in PHP or ASP that
could be included into Forrest.

Regards, Upayavira