forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Upayavira ...@upaya.co.uk>
Subject Re: Forrest: dynamic or static?
Date Mon, 22 Sep 2003 12:37:31 GMT
Juan Jose Pablos wrote:

> Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
>
>> But think about it: save the i18n pages as index.en.html and apache
>> does the language redirection for you. why not use it?
>

> I do not think that this idea is wild, This is more or less the idea I
> have in mind, but i have not got the time to get it working yet.
>
> But this stuff is from  mod_negotiation module.

Hmm,

If you're happy to have a directory tree for each language (as opposed
to index.en.html, and index.de.html), then you could do this really easy
with minimal modification to the CLI.

All you need is a way specify the locale for a URI listed in the
cli.xconf. I reckon that'd take me 15 minutes. Then you could say:

<uri src="index.html" locale="en/gb" dest="site/en/"/>
<uri src="index.html" locale="de" dest="site/de/"/>
etc.

I'd extend the CommandLineRequest class to return your specified locale
instead of the default.

Then you've just got to create some Apache rewriting rules, and you're away.

Let me know if you want this.

Regards, Upayavira