forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Upayavira ...@upaya.co.uk>
Subject Re: FIXED: Last link missing in CLI
Date Sat, 20 Sep 2003 19:22:32 GMT
Jeff Turner wrote:

>On Fri, Sep 19, 2003 at 01:56:07PM +0100, Upayavira wrote:
>

>>Simon Meith just provided a patch to fix the bug with the last link not
>>being present when a site is generated with the CLI. I've patched the
>>current Cocoon CVS. Many thanks to Simon - it was far more
>>straight-forward than I would have expected.
>>

>Great!  I tried it with my site that had missing pages and it fixes the
>problem.  I've committed it to Forrest CVS.
>
>All: I'd like to make a 0.5.1 Forrest release with this and other fixes.

Wow. It warrants a new Forrest release! That's something ;-)

>If you see a bugfix patch that would benefit 0.5 users, please port it to
>the FORREST_05_BRANCH branch.  If someone would like to make the
>krysalis-site javascript menus optionally collapsible for 0.5.1, I'm sure
>it would be appreciated.
>

>>So there's another reason to check out the latest CLI, which has changed
>>quite a bit in the last weeks.
>>

>Indeed.  I like the time and size in the output:
>
>* [50/0]     0.314s 18.4Kb  forrestbot-intro.html
>* [51/0]     0.383s 29.3Kb  validation.html
>* [55/0]     1.413s 91.0Kb  faq-v11.dtdx.html
>* [60/0]     0.556s 49.8Kb  sitemap-ref.html
>^ site:your-project
>^ site:upgrading_05
>
>I guess lines beginning with ^ indicate an ignored URL?  They clutter up
>the output a bit.. is there a reason for printing them, or is it for
>informational purposes?

Informational only. But I intend to line up the columns, so that it
doesn't mess up the output quite so much.

Also, if you're going to do a release, I'd change a few things:
1) Fix the vertical alignment of the skipped pages
2) Remove the 0 in the number of links. It is an as yet unimplemented
'number of new links in page'

I can do these quickly enough, so let me know when you plan to release.

>>[OT: Next I want to improve reporting, and when I've done that, I'll be
>>creating an Ant task for you guys. And at some point I'll try to work
>>out why nothing seems to be getting logged.]
>>

>Many thanks for your efforts.

You're welcome. And likewise thanks for your efforts in testing it.

Regards, Upayavira