forrest-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Juan Jose Pablos <che...@che-che.com>
Subject Re: FAQ update for Forrest's FOP graphics stuff
Date Tue, 16 Sep 2003 21:03:37 GMT
Updated with all comments. Thank you!


Clay Leeds wrote:
> I believe this:
> 
> ====
> 2.4. Image don't display in PDFs. How do I fix this?
> 
> Forrest uses Apache FOP for rendering images.  FOP cannot handle all 
> image types natively, and requires third-party jars to be added.  For an 
> overview, see FOP Graphics formats
> 
> Specifically, to get PNGs working in PDFs with Jimi:
> 
> 1. Download Jimi from http://java.sun.com/products/jimi/
> 2. Unpack the Jimi distribution and copy JimiProClasses.zip to 
> lib/core/jimi-1.0.jar (or to src/documentation/lib/jimi-1.0.jar so that 
> each developer does not need to modify their Forrest installation).
> 3. Rebuild Forrest (if you used the lib/core/ option above).
> 
> Alternative you can use JAI (Java Advanced Imaging API). For more     
> info, see FOP Graphics Packages
> ====
> 
> was supposed to read:
> 
> ====
> 2.4. Images don't display in PDFs. How do I fix this?
> 
> Forrest uses Apache FOP for rendering PDFs. FOP cannot handle all image 
> types natively, and requires third-party jars to be added. FOP natively 
> handles BMP, GIF, JPG, TIFF and EPS (with a few limitations). FOP can 
> also handle SVG (via Batik!) and PNG (see below). For details, see FOP 
> Graphics formats.
> 
> To get PNGs working in PDFs with Jimi:
> 
> 1. Download Jimi from http://java.sun.com/products/jimi/
> 2. Unpack the Jimi distribution and copy JimiProClasses.zip to 
> lib/core/jimi-1.0.jar (or to src/documentation/lib/jimi-1.0.jar so that 
> each developer does not need to modify their Forrest installation).
> 3. Rebuild Forrest (if you used the lib/core/ option above).
> 
> Alternatively you can use JAI (Java Advanced Imaging API at 
> http://java.sun.com/products/java-media/jai).
> 
> For more info, see FOP Graphics Packages.
> ====
> 
> CHANGES
> =======
> - 2.4. Images don't display in PDFs. How do I fix this?
>   (added "s" to "Images")
>   (changed "rendering images" to "rendering PDFs")
> 
> -  FOP natively handles BMP, GIF, JPG, TIFF and EPS (with a few 
> limitations). FOP can also handle SVG (via Batik!) and PNG (via JIMI or 
> JAI--see below).
>   (added entire sentence--remove if so desired! ;-p)
> 
> To get PNGs working in PDFs with Jimi:
> - (replaced "Specifically, t" with "T")
> 
> - Alternatively you can use JAI (Java Advanced Imaging API at 
> http://java.sun.com/products/java-media/jai).
>   (added "ly" to "Alternatively")
>   (added "at http://java.sun.com/products/java-media/jai")
> 
> Cheers!
> 
> Web Maestro Clay


Mime
View raw message