forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Juan Jose Pablos <che...@che-che.com>
Subject Re: Project definition. (Re: [RT] Status.xml, changes.xml, todos.xmlm, news and other descriptors])
Date Tue, 16 Sep 2003 12:52:45 GMT
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> What I mean here as "standard" is not the "endorsed" format, but a more
> general format to which all descriptors can be converted. Once we are
> able to render that descriptor format, we just need to convert others to
> that. The Gump and Maven formats have both differences, but the Gump
> format is more generic, and can be augmented with extra namespaced tags
> without breaking, so I regard it as the only possible one for a common
> format. We could define ours, dunno if it's that necessary though (could
> be).

+1 to use an intermediate format.

> Anyway, again I'm seeing that we go in a lot of talking and once we are
> finished I feel that my itches don't itch anymore.

-1 to long discussions. It has been 20 weeks already for this issue with
not conclusion.

> So I propose that I implement my proposal taking into account initial
> reactions, and then we can all judge from that how to make it better.
>
> Deal?

+1 But you need to look on GUMP and Maven format as well, we do not want
to miss element that are crutial for them.

What about creating a format on the wiki, so users are able to have an
input on this?

Cheers,
Cheche