forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Upayavira ...@upaya.co.uk>
Subject Re: -1 rendered documents, possible bug?
Date Tue, 16 Sep 2003 10:09:52 GMT
Jeff Turner wrote:

>On Mon, Sep 15, 2003 at 04:36:41PM -0300, Sergey Missan wrote:
>

>>Hi,
>>
>>I'm in the process of upgrading the site to forrest 0.5 and encountered
>>the following problem:
>>
>>when I have a group of documents in site.xml, for example
>>
>><issue_02_00 label="Issue 02/00" href="02_00/">
>>     <index label="Article 1" href="01/index.html"/>
>>     <index label="Article 2" href="02/index.html"/>
>>     <index label="Article 3" href="03/index.html"/>
>>     <index label="Article 4" href="04/index.html"/>
>></issue_02_00>
>>
>>only first 3 documents are being rendered, e.g. Forrest always skips
>>the last one. And when there is only one document in the group
>>nothing is being processed at all. Does anybody else see this, or
>>this problem is somehow related to the custom skin that I'm using?
>>

>I have the same problem of files not being rendered, also with a custom
>skin.  In my case, the link is from a file's body, not the menu.
>
>I'm not sure what the issue is.  At one stage, I thought I had it
>narrowed down to the last link in a page being omitted, but later
>experiments seemed to disprove that.  The last Forrest tag which didn't
>have this problem is (IIRC) stable-20030626.  I suspect it is a CLI bug.
>Will investigate as time permits..

Not an immediate solution, but I am mid-process on some improvements to
the CLI. I've improved the BeanListener interface to be able to report
more things as it proceeds, which might help in locating this bug. When
I've finished with implementation, instead of creating a broken link
file, it will create a report file, which will detail which pages were
created, page size, number of links, etc.

I have found that a site rendered with link view contains a different
number of files from one rendered with link gathering. This is an issue.
I hope my reporting file will help me to identify the cause of this
problem - which may also be the cause of yours. We shall see.

[I have also substantially reworked the handling of URIs in the CLI. The
net effect should be exactly the same, but the code should be easier to
follow (it certainly is for me). If you're able to try out the latest
CLI from Cocoon CVS, and confirm for me that it has the same behaviour
as before, that would help me a lot].

Regards, Upayavira