forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Juan Jose Pablos <che...@che-che.com>
Subject Re: Project definition. (Re: [RT] Status.xml, changes.xml, todos.xmlm, news and other descriptors])
Date Mon, 15 Sep 2003 10:50:09 GMT
Jeff Turner wrote:
>>>1) Deprecate the <todo> section in favour of using an issue tracker.
>>>Even in Forrest, no-one bothers to keep it up to date.
>>
>>Even if you add a issue tracker you need to keep a scheme so you can
>>imported in the same fashion as you do with changes.rss.
>

> Er, say again?  JIRA has RSS feeds..

we are talking about definition of the format to use, it is not
important if our source is a file, another source (wiki) or rss feed.

What is important at this point if to ensure that we have the right xml
schema for our projects.

> We don't need to _replace_ it, just support additional text-based
> formats, that would be transformed internally into the XML format.
>
> --Jeff

still, to give you an example, we have been adding all these action
items on status.xml, now we are able to:

Order and display content by  @dev @type @context
Divide for contributed actions
count number of bug fixed.

are you able to do that with wiki?