forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Juan Jose Pablos <che...@che-che.com>
Subject Re: XSP vs SVG (Re: cvs commit: xml-forrest/src/resources/stylesheets page2document.xsl)
Date Fri, 12 Sep 2003 00:19:06 GMT
Jeff Turner wrote:
>><target name="seed" depends="get-svg, get-xsp, ...">
>

> 'cvs rm -f xsp-sample.xsp' will instantly solve that problem with no loss
> of functionality.

cvs add group.png project.png will allow nice images to be displayed
with an increase of performance :-)

> Give up! ;)  We're not going to remove SVG from fresh-site because
> generating a logo from skinconf.xml is cool and maybe even useful.

I have not enough e-paper to write down all the cool features and useful
things that XSP provides.

> Besides which, we couldn't remove built-in SVG support because it would
> break backwards-compat with all sites expecting it.  The issue is XSP
> support.

For those sites that expecting SVG support, there is a lovely ant task
waiting for them:

if ${project.home}/src/documentation/resources/images/*.svg
then
target="get-svg"

<-- This point has not got enought ground but I thought about it

We have not release yet ( unless you do it only for the sake of wining
an argument) so there is not need to keep backwards compatibility.

-->

The issue here is that we have two identical technologies one is added
by default and the other is not.

Cheers,
Cheche