forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Juan Jose Pablos <>
Subject Re: XSP vs SVG (Re: cvs commit: xml-forrest/src/resources/stylesheets page2document.xsl)
Date Fri, 12 Sep 2003 00:19:06 GMT
Jeff Turner wrote:
>><target name="seed" depends="get-svg, get-xsp, ...">
> 'cvs rm -f xsp-sample.xsp' will instantly solve that problem with no loss
> of functionality.

cvs add group.png project.png will allow nice images to be displayed
with an increase of performance :-)

> Give up! ;)  We're not going to remove SVG from fresh-site because
> generating a logo from skinconf.xml is cool and maybe even useful.

I have not enough e-paper to write down all the cool features and useful
things that XSP provides.

> Besides which, we couldn't remove built-in SVG support because it would
> break backwards-compat with all sites expecting it.  The issue is XSP
> support.

For those sites that expecting SVG support, there is a lovely ant task
waiting for them:

if ${project.home}/src/documentation/resources/images/*.svg

<-- This point has not got enought ground but I thought about it

We have not release yet ( unless you do it only for the sake of wining
an argument) so there is not need to keep backwards compatibility.

The issue here is that we have two identical technologies one is added
by default and the other is not.

View raw message