forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Juan Jose Pablos <che...@che-che.com>
Subject about lucent and exist
Date Thu, 11 Sep 2003 14:49:44 GMT
Hi,

I started looking at Ramon Padres bug. On the todo list I can see:

     - Improve ForrestIndexer: It should work with accented characters
      ("a" and "รก" should be the same) and should reduce indexes to their
      roots (i.e. jump, jumper, jumping should all be the same index).

Which make me realize that lucene is a *text search engine*.

We can fix issues related with the fact that lucene is not xml aware,
and help them with the testing, but I do not feel that it is an ideal
situation. Does anyone know if lucene is moving to a more xml awareness?

Should we look at exist instead?, I saw their demo[1] and it is very
much what the "semantic searching" is about isn't?

Cheers,
Cheche

[1] http://130.83.186.203/exist/simple/xquery.xsp