forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <>
Subject Re: [issues] Updated: (FOR-31) xml output doesn't use the correct line separator
Date Thu, 11 Sep 2003 04:43:59 GMT
Juan Jose Pablos wrote:

> ok, I agree, we should be asuming that *.zip is for windows users, so do
> you think that we should fix crlf for all text files (xml,xsl,svg...)?

Since the aspect of line endings is mostly irrelevant to XML parsing,
I'm -0 on adding fixcrlf to the dist build target. Personally, FOR-31
hardly qualifies as a bug, rather an annoyance. Making proper dists on
proper platforms would be a much better approach at tackling this annoyance.

Steven Noels
Read my weblog at
stevenn at                stevenn at

View raw message