forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: [issues] Updated: (FOR-31) xml output doesn't use the correct line separator
Date Wed, 10 Sep 2003 19:25:52 GMT
Juan Jose Pablos wrote:

> Maybe we need to applied to all text files (xml,xsl,svg) on the *.zip
> distribution.
>
> what do you think?

For our own projects, we build a *.tar.gz dist on a Linux machine, and
the *.zip alternative on a Windows machine. That should be the safest
and easiest. And since making a dist for Forrest is peanuts (compared
with Cocoon), I would go for this scheme.

There's be other platform particularities as well, like the situation
with tar vs gnutar on Mac OS X, or WinZip making a faulty extraction of
a tgz archive... IMHO, it's still better to build a dist for a specific
destination on that destination platform.

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org