forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Upayavira ...@upaya.co.uk>
Subject Re: DEBUG Level?
Date Tue, 09 Sep 2003 12:38:20 GMT
Juan Jose Pablos wrote:

> Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
>

>> I added extra info to be output to the CLI. Then Berin got annoyed by
>> the output, and put in this option. I don't know what has happened
>> from then on about it, probably the output system changed and this
>> was not fixed accordingly.
>>

> It seems that you have more info on this issue, should be open a bug
> on this?

To be honest, I wouldn't, unless it is bugging you.

The output method of the CLI will change when I get a chance to
implement it, and it will allow for the reporting and logging of a lot
more information. I will have to find a way to make it configurable, as
people won't want everything.

But you'll be able to log to file, or to stdout, hopefully the following:
    * URL of page generated
    * Time taken to generate URL
    * Number of unique links in page
    * Number of new links in page (not yet scheduled to be crawled)
    * Number of ungenerated pages remaining after generating this page
    * All links found within the page, with their untranslated and
translated URIs
    * Whether any of these links is broken or not
    * Time taken to generate entire site

This will supercede the current 'broken link' handling, which as I see
it is just a subset of the functionality I describe above.

You'll then (I hope) have more than enough control to find out what is
going on within the CLI.

Feel free to bug me if you think this is urgently needed.
(Unfortunately, bugging me usually works ;-)

Regards, Upayavira