forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Juan Jose Pablos <che...@che-che.com>
Subject Re: Release Process...
Date Tue, 09 Sep 2003 12:17:53 GMT
Andre,

You would have the same issue if just before Code-Freeze someone added a
   controversial piece of code, on that case you will have to decide if
you want to revert it or not.

With 4 commiter active this seems to be a bit over head, I like the idea
of code freeze, we only need to have in mind when there is a release and
concentrate on bug fixes rather than on new features.

Say that we want to release around every 8 weeks on the 7th week we ask
ourselves to commit only bug fixes/ minor changes, that would be enough.

Thanks for your 2 Euro cents.

Cheche

Andre Anneck wrote:
> Hi dev-team,
>
> in order to circumvent such conflicts I recommend using CVS branches (early branching):
> 1. Announce Code-Freeze
> 2. Open branch RC_0-5
> => Now people can continue work on MAIN, without interference of the release branch
> 3. Start tagging inside the branch to test release candidates (Maybe Tag-Names == Jira
Release-Names)
> => Bugs fixed in release branch need merge into MAIN branch, ok thats the overhead
work you have using this approach