forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Juan Jose Pablos <che...@che-che.com>
Subject Re: [patch] person tag
Date Wed, 03 Sep 2003 12:19:57 GMT
Jeff,

Jeff Turner wrote:
> Why?  I would have thought page metadata is primarily of interest to the
> document author, who has access to the XML.  There is no rule saying we
> need display all metadata.  Browsers don't render HTML <meta> tags do
> they?

If we do not want to print Metadata, we should not be printing
authors/person@name.

we could move all header elements inside <meta/> for html format.

>>For ASF sites this patch does not stop you to do this:
>>
>><authors>
>><person name="Juan José Pablos Castañeda" email="forrest-dev@apache.org"/>
>></authors>
>

> That's abusing the tag to achieve an effect.  Your email address is not
> forrest-dev@xml.apache.org ;P  It would be better to introduce a new tag:
>
> <owner name="Forrest-dev" email="forrest-dev@xml.apache.org"/>

so what about if we create an email template so it can be called from
other skins if need be.

<xsl:template name="email">

<xsl:attribute name="href">
                   <xsl:choose>
                     <xsl:when test="$obfuscate-mail-links='true'">
                       <xsl:variable name="user"
select="substring-before(@email,'@')"/>
                       <xsl:variable name="host"
select="substring-after(@email,'@')"/>
                       <xsl:value-of
select="concat('mailto:',$user,'.at.',$host)"/>
                     </xsl:when>
                     <xsl:otherwise>
                       <xsl:value-of select="concat('mailto:',@email)"/>
                     </xsl:otherwise>